THE GODFATHER COCKTAIL. - Vhira Virginia




my little friend, The Godfather Cocktail.  Certain booze lends themselves to certain situations.  I drink rum when I want to celebrate, wine when I want to relax, and whiskey (The Godfather) when I’ve packed and moved my apartment in less than a week and my entire body hurts.
This past weekend Kieran and I officially moved into our new house!  Once we have enough of our stuff put away in the new house, we needed to chill.  After the stress of packing, moving, and unpacking our belongs in under a week, I was in need of a stiff drink.  I don’t drink whiskey often but when I do, I have a taste for The Godfather Cocktail.
I researched the origin of Godfather Cocktails and the history of this particular drink is fuzzy, which is how you’ll feel after you consume a couple of these bad boys. 😀




apologize, this post will be short this week.  I shot the pictures for this recipe on Sunday afternoon, and by Sunday evening I started to feel off.  I plugged through Monday the best I could but by Monday night I had a full-blown head cold with a raging sore throat.  I’ve been under the weather ever since.
Luckily for me, I have scotch whiskey in the house!!!  Nothing makes a sore throat feel better than sipping on some whiskey (besides maybe cold medicine, gargling salt water, rest, and all that other healthy mumbo jumbo).  I may feel like shit this week but at least I have a delicious cocktail to help take my mind off how puny I feel.

Ingredients

  •     1 shot scotch whiskey (or bourbon)

  •     1 shot amaretto

  •     Frozen whiskey stones (optional)

  •     Fresh cherries (optional)


Instructions
  •     Drop a few frozen whiskey stones into your favorite glass. Godfather cocktails are usually served in an old-fashioned glass, but use what you have.

  •     Pour both the whiskey and amaretto over the stones, and give a gentle stir. Add cherries if you wish for garnish.

  •     Sip, look fancy, and enjoy!


RECIPES ADAPTED FROM http://www.shockmunch.com





Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

One Skillet “Egg Roll in a Bowl” + a Video!

Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet

RubySnap Judy Orange Cream Cookies